Sunday, August 16, 2009

SUNDAY DINNER #1

People are always asking me for recipes, so I thought I would post a recipe that I like every week. If you make it, drop me a line...I would love to know how it turned out!

TALLULAH'S SUMMER SALAD


Serves: A shitload of people, or in my case....as a main course for 8 with leftovers.
This salad is perfect to make during the summer because it benchmarks off of the lovely produce springing from your garden. It's also great to take to parties because it can be served room temp. or cold.
3 cups orzo pasta
1 cup cup basil leaves - chiffonade
4 roasted red peppers (or 4 from a jar) sliced
1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
8 oz feta cheese, broken/crumbled in to chunks
6 oz (1 bag) washed baby spinach leaves
2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cook orzo. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
2. In large bowl combine everything but oil, vinegar and S& P.
3. In small bowl whisk together oil and vinegar and spices. Toss with salad.
Voila!
BTW - A whole cup of this stuff only has about 150 calories. Pig out!

2 comments:

kate said...

That's gorgeous! And vegetarian! I am SO going to try this. YUM.

Carlos said...

looks yummy