Monday, May 01, 2006

BUBBY HAS LOST.....


His mind.

First, the man out of the blue one day says he's switching to black coffee. Huh? Bubby would rather stick a fork in his eye than not add tons of cream and sugar to his morning drink. When I asked him why, he answered, "Putting cream and sugar in to my coffee is just so much work."

Then Bubby decides we don't need cable, we are cutting back t.v. to four days a week and conducting an "experiment" of going t.v.-free for one whole year starting Jan 1st, 2007. Does he not understand how much I need my Oprah? Oprah is my afternoon sanity.

But last night takes the cake. As we were preparing a delicious meal of marinated lean pork on the grill, complete with corn-on-the-cob and a Caesar salad, Bubby declares that on Jan 1st he want the family to conduct another "experiment". He wants the whole family to go Vegetarian for a year. Normally, I would not raise an eyebrow at this comment. Bubby and I were strict Vegetarians for our entire marriage... until kids came along. Then being Vegetarian became a whole lot more work. Soaking beans, chopping & cutting, not to mention spending a helluva lot more money on specialty grains, organic or hard-to-find ingredients or vegetables. Being Vegetarian just wasn't practical anymore. But hey, I'm up for the challenge! It will be very interesting considering that I can count on one hand how many vegetables that three of my children will eat without gagging it up at the dinner table.

Midlife crisis? A sudden desire to save another chicken? Hmmm........ The next thing you know, Bubby will announce that he wants the family to move into a Yurt and live off the land.

Always an adventure............

No comments: