Monday, February 06, 2006

IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING


I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It ended Friday night at 11:45.

Let me preface this blog by saying that Christian was born a crack baby. Studies show that babies addicted to crack cocaine turn in to kids and adults who are VERY sensitive to pain. That said....................................

After Izzy moved up to our room due to the screaming, here are some wonderful things I heard on the baby monitor coming from Christian's room:

"AHH AHH AHH"
"I'M DYING"
"SOMEBODY HELP ME"
"OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD"
"I NEED SOMEONE"
"HURRY"
"I NEED A DOCTOR"
"I NEED MEDICINE"
"I'M GOING TO DIE RIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTT NOW"

So after I trotted down the stairs to find out what the emergency was, Christian informed me that his ear was going to fall off. I then proceeded to give Christian ear drops and Tylenol.

From 11:45pm on Friday until 9:00am on Saturday morning after seeing the doctor, it was non-stop crying and screaming. At about 1am, I finally turned off the baby monitor and got a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Turns out that Christian had a very bad ear infection. The doctor gave him a prescription for antibiotics and thank God, a prescription for a pain killer with codeine. We maxed him out on the drugs this weekend.

Call me a bad Mom for possibly over-medicating my child, but hey......a person can only take so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! Amen to the overmedicating so we can have some peace.