Tuesday, February 21, 2006

20 YEARS AND COUNTING........

My 20th High School reunion is happening this summer. Do you know how I know? Do you know why it has been emblazoned in my mind? Classmates.com reminds me every week through email.

I didn't attend my 10th year. At ten years, it just seemed like yesterday since I was back in school. I didn't have enough distance or maturity to appreciate ten years. Now that 20 has come along, I do see myself wondering what others are up to in their lives. I'm curious to know what paths my fellow pupils have chosen.

I was discussing this a couple of weeks ago with my sister Donut. She went to her twentieth and thoroughly enjoyed it! She encouraged me to go and said that I would have a blast. "Hmmm.......blast" I thought. "I could use a blast right about this point in my life." Then I was talking about a past blog with Donut, how I'm not sure I want my entire high school class to see how I look now. Not that I look really bad, but I haven't quite accepted this aging thing yet. Some people grow old gracefully, some people go down fighting and looking haggard along the way. I am definitely the latter.

Donut has sealed my Reunion fate. She objected to my opinion of letting myself go. Donut said and I quote..........
"Oh, Tallulah! You don't look like you let yourself go. When you take a shower and put makeup on and dress up, you look real nice."

There you go folks..............maybe my 30th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU AND DONUT CRACK ME UP. I'M STILL LAUGHING!!!!

P.S. MY 55TH IS THIS YEAR. HAVEN'T BEEN TO ANY YET AND DOUBT THIS ONE EITHER.