Monday, September 19, 2005

LEFT BRAIN RIGHT BRAIN





I was helping Christian with his homework last week. His second grade Math sheet had a story problem on it that went something like this...........

"There are eight slices in a pizza pie. Sally had two pieces of a pizza pie. Joe had one piece and Harry and one piece. Show the pizza pie."

Christian, being an alternate thinker drew a picture with Sally Stick Figure holding two triangles, Joe Stick Figure holding one triangle and Harry Stick Figure holding another triangle.

I wanted to laugh so hard and so long, that I left the room in fear of hurting his little feelings. I then had Bubby correct his homework that night because I didn't have the heart to tell him you can't draw stick figures in Math. Bubby pulled me aside and said, "Did ya see the story problem picture?" We had a good chuckle.

Sometimes it's the little things that can make your day.

No comments: