Monday, September 19, 2005

WHEN IT RAINS......IT POURS


Last week was the week from hell.

1. My dear friend LaLa's very special Jack dog died unexpectedly. She is so sad and there's nothing I can do to ease her pain.

2. The countdown to Italy is making me nervous. I know the children will be fine, but I'm still worrying about them.

3. My sister and I got into a big fight. This is very unusual and so the things that she said to me weighed very heavy on my mind.

4. Our daughter Tori had her first issue with stealing and we spent all weekend in the interrogation chamber. I actually envisioned torturous techniques to get her to talk. All parents of her friends were called and now her reputation Way Down In Mayberry as the sweet, cute and perky little girl has been obviously tainted. Worse...... I don't know how to help her.

5. Izzy developed a super high-pitched scream that damages eardrums. Izzy emits this burst of sound every time he doesn't get his way (at last count, 742 times a day).

6. My dirty laundry has come to life and is literally engulfing the house. I figure if I did 7 loads of laundry a day for 12 days......I would be caught up.

And how do you think I have dealt with all of this stuff? I wish I could say that I popped Valium all day and drank myself into a drunken stupor all night. That would be a temporary and oh so delightful way to deal with the pain. Nope, my body took a different approach to the stress this time around and it quite surprised me............
Food. Lots and lots of it. Bad food. Bacon and french fries, goopy Mexican food, onion rings, Kraft macaroni & cheese, milkshakes, slushies, and not one decent vegetable or fruit in the bunch. I must have gained five pounds this past week.

If nothing else, I know that I can really help a lot of you people out there reading my blog. Whenever you think, "Gee, I'm having a pretty bad day." You can think of Tallulah and be assured that someone out there Way Down in Mayberry is dealing with some of the same crap you are. Sometimes life is no picnic.

Today is Monday. It's a new week. Let the sunshine in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the addition of the photos!

I'm feeling your pain girl. No dead dogs 'round my corner of Mayberry, but I feel your pain none the less.