Monday, August 22, 2005

SICK

MeMa had a cold. She gave the cold to Izzy. Izzy gave the cold to me. Now I'm sick. Sick. Sick. On top of it all, I've had some intestinal sickness that's just knocking me on my ass. I won't bore you with the details......just not the most glorious weekend to say the least.

On a positive note.......I went shopping for clothing for Italy. I love all my new stuff. Everything is black (my favorite color ....morbid, I know) and completely wrinkle-free. I'm throwing everything in a carry-on bag and off I go! I'm only taking four outfits and washing in the sink and drying overnight as needed. I'm only taking one pair of shoes. MeMa thinks I'm crazy, but I figure if I need more stuff, I'll buy it in Italy. They have the best shopping, clothing and shoes in the world!

So today I'm going to lay in bed and groan (after I've gotten three of the kids off to school, ran errands and cleaned the kitchen). I've been up most of the night and it's 4:30 in the morning now. I'm tired of feeling ill and I want to feel better. What I really need is chicken soup, a day without any kids and a bed to envelop my body for 24 hours. Unfortunately, we stay-at-home-Moms don't get sick days. I'll do the best that I can with the time I have and I pray that Izzy takes a really l-o-n-g nap today.

No comments: