Wednesday, August 31, 2005

RUBBER DUCKY

Ever since I can remember, MeMa has always taken a bath every night. MeMa has maybe taken five showers in her entire life. She loves soaking in the bubbles and has more bubble bath bottles than most Drugstores.

My friend LaLa loves baths too. On any night of the week, you can find LaLa relaxing in her bath.

I on the other hand, am a shower person. Showers seem more sanitary. I don't enjoy soaking in a tub of my own dirt and hair. I would rather just wash it down the drain. I've realized that there are really two types of people, bath people and shower people. You could probably find out a lot about a person based on whether they prefer showers or baths. My friend The Analyzer has most likely figured out the main characteristics of bath vs. shower people. I will have to ask her the next time we talk.

Fifteen months ago, we bought a beautiful home that we are currently living in. The master suite has a very cool tub that surrounded by white tile. The tub is round and huge and has multiple jets that massage any part of your body. Everyone always says, "Oh, I just love your bathtub!" Up until yesterday, no one has braved the tub but the children. It is such a great device to throw three or four little monsters in at a time and there's still room for all of their bath toys.

So last night, I was thinking about baths and showers while my children and husband were chattering away at the dinner table. I have the unique ability to tune them out at will. It's a talent that I'm quite proud of. Out of the blue I announced that I was taking a bath. The look on Bubby's face was that of complete terror. You think I had announced that I had a bomb that was about to detonate. I stomped up the stairs before even finishing dinner muttering to my self, "Godamnit, I've been here almost a year and a half and haven't even taken a bath in my beautiful &*@#!@% bathtub. Blah blah blah."

I turned on the bath as hot as it could go, added a tub tea, lit some candles, grabbed my book and a glass of wine and shut the door. It was a blissful 30 minutes........

I should have finished dinner first. It was my last meal I could have before my hospital procedure Thursday afternoon. It's been 16 1/2 hours since my last meal and I still have 24 more hours until my appointment. I'm really really hungry right now. By the time the kids get home from school, they will see Mom and a new level of grumpiness. But you know what........the bath was DEFINITELY worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for baths. And for your info, if you take a bath once (or more) a day, there shouldn't be a lot of dirt to sit in and, let your hairdresser do your hair (like i do) and you won't have dirty hair in the tub. again--hurrah for bubble baths