Sunday, July 03, 2005

WHAT'S UP WITH TEXAS?

Leroy is obsessed with Texas. At the ripe old age of six, Leroy is an expert on Texas. Don't ask me why. I have no idea. My friend the analyzer asked me so many questions about Leroy's obsession with Texas, I felt inadequate as a Mom. Maybe I should be exploring Leroy's creepy Texas thing.

Here is what I do know:

1. Leroy is an Asperger's Syndrome kid (a highly functioning form of Autism).

2. Leroy is extremely observant. Details. Details. If one of the kids have lost a shoe or Barbie.....Leroy knows where it is.

3. Leroy knows all sorts of facts about Texas. Where it's located, capital etc.

4. Leroy claims to have been to Texas with me. When asked where the photos are, he says "they were destroyed in a fire."

5. Leroy knows how people walk, eat and play music in Texas. He's the resident expert if you need to know anything.

Maybe Leroy was from Texas in a former life. A cow? A lizard? Just please God, not a descendant of the Bush family.

No comments: