Monday, July 04, 2005

INDEPENDENCE DAY

Mayberry has a tradition every year. Big fourth of July event. Parade with children decorating bikes, strollers etc. Band with music. BBQ. And my personal favorite.....pie contest.

I was a judge of the pie contest this year. I haven't eaten for three days. I'm ravenous.

Shortly before the contest, I mentioned to MeMa that I was a judge. She said, "they should have guys judge the contest." And I said and I quote, "Ummm....guys can't tell their heads from their ass. You could give a man pie from Walmart or a time-consuming home-baked pie...they can't tell the difference."

Well it came time for judging and guess what?!? The two other judges were guys. STRIKE ONE. I think the guys had already had too much to drink. STRIKE TWO. The guys gave one of the pies high marks which was hideous. STRIKE THREE---YER OUT!

Don't get me wrong. I love men. I love women too, but men have a better chance of supporting my expensive habits so I tend to marry them and have families with them. If women were the supporters (and not the nurturers), who knows? But that's a whole 'nother blog.

Any hoo, I ended up eating pie with men and discussing the finer details of crust, appearance and the like. It was fun. I would do it again. But next time, let's start some fireworks of our own women. The men bake the pies....WE judge and eat them.

No comments: