Sunday, July 10, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I don't remember very much before the age of ten. In fact, for unknown reasons that I'm sure an expensive therapist can explain to me, I have had a few flashes of memory... and that is it. Sometimes repression is good.

My daughter Tori had her tenth birthday party today. I get all nostalgic thinking about her at age ten and the feelings that I had at that age. Before you know it, Tori will be a teenager and off doing her own thing. I'm not ready for that.

Tori had a rough start in life and I hope to God that she remembers nothing before the age of five. That's when we adopted Tori. My prayer is that Tori can just know that her biological parents couldn't take care of her. All the stuff that happened to Tori won't make her a stronger person. That sort of stuff just f**ks you up when you are a kid.

Tori is shy and gentle. Tori tries hard to please. She has got a good sense of humor and can talk your ears off if she knows you are listening. Tori is smart and full of bubbly personality. She can turn any boys head with her eyelashes and beautiful smile.

So today my wish is for Tori's time with me to slow down. I missed out on five years of her life and I want to make up for it. I want Tori to know that everything will be okay with her forever family. I love you Tori. Happy Birthday.

No comments: