Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A LITTLE BONFIRE CAN GO A LONG WAYS

Some people in our family are just more practical than others.

I'm practical about some things. For instance, if one of the cats puke on the floor, I know if I wait a little bit, one of the dogs will go over and lick up the puke. This is practical in the sense that I have less clean up.

However, it never occurred to me that when Bubby said, "Hey everyone! Let's go outside and make s'mores!", that this would call for practical measures.




Obviously, I am not skilled in this area. Leroy took it upon himself to find a gas mask. (Why the fu_k do we have a gas mask? And where was this military issued gas mask being stored?)
At any rate, all of us got smoke in our eyes (check out Izzy behind him) except Leroy.
Thank god we don't send Leroy to summer camp. For some reason, I don't think the other 10 year old male campers would appreciate his practicality.

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

I love Leroy's faith in you and Bubby to provide a safe and fun activity involving fire.


I'm so with you on the cat puke. Or if the dog fails to come through, allowing the puke to harden into a puke chip makes clean up a breeze.

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the black and white photo - or maybe it was the smoke from the s'mores making things grey? You must have been inside because I never smelled a thing.