Monday, October 09, 2006

DREAM

Last night I had a dream......have you ever had one of those dreams where nobody in your current life is even around? You have no children, no husband, no parents or siblings. You are just a person.

I was shopping in Home Depot (yeah, like I would ever do that in real life), and I got lost in the aisles. I ended up finding an employee indoor pool. I walked into the room and steam was rising from the water. I stripped off all of my clothes. I was uninhibited and entered the water and swam naked until I was exhausted.

When I approached the side of the pool, a man was standing there (he looked like an Italian God, of course). He handed me a beautiful white robe....so plush that I thought I might get lost in its fluffiness. He lead me to a table and sat me down.

He held my hand and stared in to my eyes.

He said I was competent and beautiful and intelligent. He said that the light emanating from my body was nearly blinding. He said I was full of love. He said that I wasn't living my life to my full potential. He said that I had many more things to do and I wasting my time.

I then felt my husbands familiar shake. "Wake up tallulah. You need to get the kids ready for school...." and then I drifted back to my dream for a few short minutes.

I told the man that I had to go back to my family. I had responsibilities and pressures and a husband and a life that I SO wanted to ignore for a few more minutes. I told him I felt so good here. I was peaceful and happy and I wanted everyone to feel the same way about me that he did.

He asked me not to go.

I felt the familiar shake. "tallulah! You really need to get up." Bubby said.

So I dragged myself out of bed, tears streaming down my eyes just wanting a few more minutes...just a few more.

10 comments:

MomSquared said...

I bet Bubby feels that way about you. And I bet your kids think you are terrific, too.

The Analyzer said...

You went back to tell him you had to go and not to jump his bones? Damn, girl, what's wrong with you?

I'm Just a Girl said...

I can't say I've had a dream where I didn't know anyone but myself, but my saucy dreams usually involve my soap opera honey. And I sure do recall wishing I could sleep a little longer.

cloudscome said...

Maybe he was an angel giving you a message from God.

tallulah said...

Although I was naked, and this was a very handsome man, there was nothing sexual about the dream! I felt like he was an angel sent down to tell me something or he was some "all knowing being". All very interesting considering I'm not a believer.

Velma said...

I've had those dreams, where everything is just beautiful and perfect and you don't want to leave. I can't say I've ever had one that takes place in a Home Depot, though...!

Jennboree said...

Ewwwwww...were you dreaming about Fabio?

tallulah said...

Oh Jenn...if I were dreaming about Fabio, there would certainly be nothing sexual about that. I'm right there with you...Ewww...gross!

Shoshana said...

Fabio was the only thing I didn't like very much in my binge for historical romances when I was 12.

MomToTracyNSheri said...

Crap, I thought I was the only person that has this dream!