Wednesday, June 14, 2006

PET PEEVE #32

Way Down In Mayberry is a small town. I must drive to the city which, by the way, is no metropolis. We have one area called "The Mall". If you want to buy anything from Pottery Barn, William Sonoma or any other name brand retailer without going online.....you must endure "The Mall." That brings me to my next ranting:

PEOPLE WHO HOLD UP TRAFFIC IN PARKING LOTS TO WAIT FOR A GOOD SPACE!

Okay. I've screamed it on my computer screen! I feel better already. What are people thinking when they park their gas-guzzling, monolithic SUV's in the middle of a parking lot and hold up EVERYONE behind them so they can park five spaces closer to the store? We are a country that is overweight. I am surprised that the fat-assed woman that was holding up six cars behind her today could pry herself out of her recliner and television long enough to shop at "the Mall." Was she getting low on size 4X shirts or did she need another tent dress? Good God! This irks me to no end.

The worst part of all of this is that sure, there's no law against holding up a line full of cars for the best parking spot, but people know that it's wrong. Men and women all over the country KNOW that they should be kind and courteous and park in the nearest AVAILABLE space, but because they are so damned lazy, they would risk getting a dirty look or comment rather than to do the right thing. How sad don't you think?

So if you are one of those people (and you know who you are), be aware that I am watching you. If a half-crazed woman approaches you one day and starts ranting and raving, it is probably me or another person just like me that has been pushed to the edge!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a litle drinkie-poo before you head over to the mall is in order? Driving impaired always makes me much more willing to wait a bit.

Anonymous said...

Of course your dad would park in the first available parking space, even if I had to walk several city blocks to the door of the mall.

Unknown said...

It's not me. I always valet park! Some things are just worth 5 bucks, ya know?

RockerMom said...

Amen, sister!