Tuesday, April 25, 2006

PLAYING THE GOOD PARENT CARD


I bust my ass every week to make wonderfully delicious meals that are gourmet, healthy and tasty. On Sunday, I was preparing (for a number of hours I might add) for my food co-op group that I'm in. I prepare four meals and the three other members prepare four meals and then we swap. That way I have four meals for that week. Not only do my kids not appreciate my dedication, they pray every night that one day I will discover the beauty of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.

Bubby went to the store and picked up a box of brownies on sale for $1. He came home on Sunday and announced that he and Tori were making brownies for dessert. You would think that we had just won the million dollar lottery.

Now the children are praising their Papa like he is Buddha. First, he makes pancakes every weekend in animal shapes and letters of their names, home made pizza on a weekly basis that the kids can roll out and add their own personal topping to...........now it's $1 brownies. The man has me beat. Hands down.

No comments: