Friday, April 07, 2006

PET PEEVE #72


Way Down In Mayberry, I've decided people have way too much disposable income. It's annoying. If I see one more Nanny walking small children around in the neighborhood while their stay-at-home Moms are exercising, getting their nails done, shopping or on a day trip to the spa, I might just puke.

I am mature enough to realize that this is a pet peeve of mine because I am clearly jealous. Not jealous that these Mom's are not spending time with their kids, but that they are able to get away at a moments notice to take care of themselves. If I actually get in a shower or get out of my pajamas, I'm feeling like I've had a productive day.

I know this time will end before I know what hit me. Izzy will be off to school, the rest of the children will be well on their way to teen-hood and I'll be wishing that they were all small again. But in the meantime, I will continue my disdain for all the Mommy's that always look fit, have well-manicured nails and cute outfits. My advice is that if you live Way Down In Mayberry and you look put together, steer clear of tallulah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be jealous of those women who have nannies......I bet none of them have an Irish laundress. lol.