Thursday, January 19, 2006

PREFERENCE FOR CARDBOARD


I try to provide my children with a variety of learning tools and toys at home. We cook together and do art projects. I scour magazines and children's online resources to purchase the learning toys that are fun and educational. The following conversation occurred between Christian and myself this weekend:

Christian: Mom? How much allowance do I have?

Mom: At the end of this month, you will have _______ amount of dollars.

Christian: Mom? How much do boxes cost?

Mom: Not very much. In fact you can gather them up and get them free some places. Why?

Christian: Because I'm thinking I'll spend all of my allowance on boxes. They are fun!

My point? Spend time, energy and a lot of money on the best educational toys for your children, and they play with empty boxes. Go figure.

No comments: