Thursday, November 13, 2008

THE CHILD WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME

Anyone with a large family knows that when it comes time to take family portraits, it's a nightmare. So what Bubby and I have decided to do is to wait until we are all dressed up and looking half-way decent for another event (in this case, a wedding), and then sneak some family pictures in.

Our problem is one child. One child only that may not live to see adulthood. One child that has the will and the sick sense of humor to destroy EVERY. FAMILY. PHOTO. IN. EXISTENCE. Hmmmmm....maybe you can guess who it is. Hint: his favorites include sticking his tongue out and pretending he is asleep......

This has gone on for years. First we bribed, then we threatened. We even requested all of the kids do silly faces to get those pictures out of the way so some decent smiles could be taken. Even moments before these shots, I pulled Leroy aside to say, "Look kid, I know how much fun it is to make weird faces, but I swear on our dogs & cats graves that if you ruin these pictures, you life will be not fun for a week." That was a long week for Leroy. It must totally have been worth it.

So......which one shall we put in the Christmas cards this year? You vote.

4 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

I'd go with the last picture, better luck next year!

john said...

the third one! so cute! :)

Jennboree said...

SO FRIGGIN FUNNY! But I know you were not thinking that at the time. I've tried getting pictures of my family and have given up. Yet you keep trying so kudos to you!

I think the third is the best cuz Izzy helps add some broadway flair.

MeesheMama said...

I would have totally picked the first one if your smile was bigger. But the third is good overall. And won't it but funny later on in life when you flip through the years of family pictures to see what goofy face Leroy is making in each one? Family pictures that include children of any age are never exempt from "stupid face."