Wednesday, November 01, 2006

MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY

Most of you are not surprised to know that Halloween is my favorite Holiday. Because I've share my enthusiasm with the kids, I suspect they appreciate it as much as I do.

Every year, Bubby and I dress up and go to an adult bash. To make things extra special this year, I purchased a not-so-cheap pair of scary colored contacts to complete my ensemble. Nothing says" scary Vampire" like creepy eyes.

OK. I admit, I've never put anything in my eye in my life. I really can't even put eyedrops in very well. Any of you that wear contacts must be laughing your asses off right now because the inevitable occurred. I COULDN'T GET THOSE DAMN CONTACTS IN! I even called my 20+ - years-eye-contact-neighbor and asked her to pop them in for me.

No luck.

So I did what any sane person would do, I cried shamefully and then gave them to said neighbor to pop them in to Bubby's eyes. We were not wasting these pretty pennies.

Now Bubby has never had contacts in either, but he is no weenie (like I am). Neighbor popped them in without a hitch and here's the result:




I loathe Bubby. He was the star of the party and even got hit on. I was just the goofy looking Vampire accessory.

7 comments:

Girlie said...

Awww. This just makes me laugh. LOL. I can put contact into my eyes, except my eyes thinks it's Armaggedon and produced protein build-up all over the lense so by days end, it's like I've worn my contacts for a month without changing.

No contacts for me...but that Vampire ones you got, Awesome!

Talking about Vampire, have you read THE HISTORIAN by Kostova (I think)?

RockerMom said...

I am SOOO right there with you on the eye thing. I think God gave me perfect vision for a reason...He knew I would never get those freakin' things in or out of my eyes! I can't imagine having to literally stick my fingers into my eye socket and "gently" pull a piece of plastic across my eye, hoping not to scrape the side of it over my cornea. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Jennboree said...

You two look great! Though Bubby's eyes are way cooler.

I've always wanted to be one of those adults who totally got into Halloween. Unfortunately, I know no other adults who want to do the same thing so I just look plain silly all dressed up like a hooker.

tallulah said...

Shoshanana,
Yes. I read The Historian. Looonnnnggg, but I really liked it!

mistressofchange said...

I'm with you. No contacts for this girl (but I've sworn that I'll eventually need to get over this soon), but I'm happy to see the cool contacts did not go to waste. They're awesome.

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year? You guys looked great, though!

Unknown said...

The first time I put in contacts, it took me 20 minutes - EACH EYE!!! Now it takes about 2.5 seconds for both put together. It takes practice and the day you need to have them in is NOT the right time to try. Bubby got lucky.