Thursday, October 13, 2005

IN THE NAME OF JESUS


Some women's bodies were just meant for birthing babies. Wide hips. Easy pregnancies. Healthy babies. I wouldn't know about that. The one pregnancy that I did have was not a pleasant experience.

I was reading in the paper today about a couple that just had a bouncing baby girl. Healthy pregnancy for Mom, healthy 7 lb baby with no complications and their sixteenth child. No typos here. This couple has had 16 children in 17 years and they want more. A quote from the Father:

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them."

How *&#%ed up is that? Okay. I understand that I am being judgmental here......something that Jesus wouldn't want me to do. Whatever happened to the phrase, "What would Jesus Do?" Would Jesus really have a gazillion children knowing that there are children in the world who have no parents, children who suffer terribly without food, children who are abused, ignored and die unimaginable deaths due to poverty, war and uncaring parents? Would Jesus really want us to irresponsibly procreate in a world with over 6.2 billion people? I really don't know.

If there is a God, this will be a question of mine IF I make it to those pearly gates. They say when you die, you meet your maker and all of the questions you ever had on earth will be answered.

Today is a difficult day for faith.

1 comment:

Elle Starr said...

Oh mah GAWD! I read the same thing and thought the same thing and then came to the conclussion, after having 4 children in 5 years, that that woman is actually insane. And she has a completely irresponsible husband. I mean, what would happen if either of them died?