Monday, June 27, 2005

SLICE OF COUCH HEAVEN

As a girlfriend of mine (I call her the analyzer in bloggville) were enjoying a nice brunch yesterday filled with quiche and pastries, she told me about her families sleeping arrangements. When her bed is full of sleeping children or snoring husbands, she finds another bed that's empty and sleeps there.

I, on the other hand never sleep anywhere but my king-size bed and enjoy kicking everyone else out of it.

After last night,things have changed forever.......

I was awoken abruptly at 12:00. Bubby wanted to play smoochy face in the other room (since Izzy was in our bed). At exactly 12:04, smoochy face was over and I was thirsty, hot and wired. I guzzled a can of coke with lime and started reading. After about 20 minutes I was feeling tired and the lights went out. This is when the party started.

Izzy kicked me in the face.
Bubby was on an allergy-induced-asthma-attack-postsex-snore that could be heard from around the neighborhood.
There was a cat coughing up a hairball on my carpet.
Our dog Ben was itching something on his neck which kept making his collar jingle.

That was it! The queen of sleep stomped downstairs to the couch with her pillow and blanket in hand.

After my head hit the pillow, I didn't wake up until this morning. I felt rested for the first time in months. I can't believe I've been sending Bubby to the couch. He's never had it so good.

Those days are over. I may never sleep in my own bed again.......

No comments: